(ConservativeHub.com) – Americans are concerned about their safety in light of a recently leaked FBI memo that warned of armed protesters targeting all 50 state capitals and Washington, DC.
As usual, the mainstream media has been doing their best to report on the problem without offering any safety suggestions. With that in mind, we took the time to research the subject and came up with six simple ways to remain safer during times of civil unrest.
Before we get to our list, we thought you might be interested in knowing more about incidents at the US Capitol Building throughout history. The following video discusses more:
- Avoid the problem: Experts agree that staying home is the best way to avoid harm during periods of social unrest.
- Stay informed: Check the news and keep your radio tuned to a news station so you can receive any warning notices.
- Seek shelter: If you cannot avoid a protest, seek shelter in a business, an alley, or a doorway until the crowd passes.
- Avoid windows: Avoid storefronts with large plate glass windows.
- Practice situational awareness: Be aware of large groups of people or law enforcement officials gathering.
- Cooperate: If approached by law enforcement, promptly comply with any directives.
The good news is that law enforcement officials already know about the potential for civil unrest and are taking appropriate measures to keep Americans safe. This is a developing story, and we will keep you updated.
Copyright 2021, ConservativeHub.com