(ConservativeHub.com) – During a press news conference, Gov. Ron DeSantis exhibited some of the explicit content that was available in some of the books that he pulled from schools. According to his press secretary, some news stations chose to stop their live broadcasts because graphic content in the books was displayed.
Mahsa Saeidi from WFLA said that the station’s live feed had been cut following the warning of explicit content being shown on the screen. Some other Florida news stations also reportedly cut their feeds after Gov. Ron DeSantis displayed a video featuring books that contained explicit content.
Newsweek reported that on March 8, the governor said during the press conference that the reports that his administration had been banning books were “a hoax” driven by viral videos of Florida schools exhibiting their empty bookshelves after complying with the new law by the DeSantis administration. According to the new law, all books need to be given the green light by a certified media specialist before being allowed to be in schools. Reportedly, he called the claims of empty books shelves part of an effort to establish a “false political narrative.”
According to Newsweek, DeSantis defended his decision, claiming that the books that had been pulled had “pornographic” content in them. In a six-minute video, he showed some of those books that were reportedly removed from schools, including Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe and Flamer by Mike Curato. The books reportedly contained explicit content, and WFLA cut their feed when a warning was shown regarding the content.
Copyright 2023, ConservativeHub.com