(ConservativeHub.com) – On Friday, Former Vice President Mike Pence said that he took “full responsibility” for the documents with classified markings that had been found in his home in Indiana. He also pledged to cooperate fully with any investigations relating to the documents.
Pence told Fox News that during the days of packing everything up after the administration ended, there were some materials that had been boxed and sent to his Indiana home by mistake. He added that this was not something they were aware of until they started reviewing everything a few weeks ago. He added that regardless he took full responsibility for the documents that had been found.
Pence said that he believed that his team had been “very careful and cautious” in handling classified materials following the end of his tenure as Vice President, as well as during his time in Congress.
On Tuesday Pence’s team also noted that it has been his attorneys that had carefully handled the search in his Indiana home following the revelation that batches of classified documents had been found both in President Biden’s former private office in Washington, D.C. and in his Delaware home.
Greg Jacob, Pence’s attorney, was the one to write to the National Archives and inform them of the classified documents that had been found two days earlier. The documents were then collected by the FBI, on Jan. 9. Along with the documents that had classified markings, there were also two other boxes with administration records that had been handed over. As he wrote, these documents had been accidentally taken to Pence’s home, and Pence had not been aware that they were there until earlier this month when they had been discovered.
Prior to the discovery, Pence had repeatedly denied that there were classified materials still in his possession, and had criticized Biden for the classified documents found in his possession.
Copyright 2023, ConservativeHub.com